2011 was an amazing year for fashion brands and retailers, not only in terms of their embracing of social media, but also in terms of how they’re getting creative and dynamic with their content.
That being said, we know that Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are most brands’ top marketing mediums online. I’ve discussed the basic and advanced marketing aspects of Facebook and discussed Twitter in-depth in video. Now it’s time to talk about YouTube.
1. Video Marketing (Viral Marketing)
Doing tests on visitors that come from video sites like Youtube, Vimeo and other sites. So far, the results have been surprising. The conversion rate of visitors from Youtube was about 20 percent higher than from the search engines and Video will continue to be big in 2011.
At the same time, brands and retailers need to use Youtube to drive online traffic to select destinations and enhance website search engine optimization strategies.
1. Optimize Youtube channels
2. Make Your Fashionable YouTube Content SEO Friendly
3.YouTube Marketing For Brands & Retailers
2. Social Impact (Ranking Factor)
2011 was the year social media marketing threw its weight around and affected search rankings. This will likely become more prevalent in the coming year. To increase rankings, SEO specialists will have to create valuable, shareable content and how to spread the word through various social sites.
As the search engines put more emphasis on the popularity of links shared through Twitter and Facebook, social media will become a necessary tool for link building.
One month after the site’s revamp and SEO work has been executed, we would recommend the following steps are followed:
1. Complete Twitter maintenance.
2. Tweet promotions and follower management
3. Facebook fan page maintenance (Facebook advertising)
4. Facebook community build-up
5. Creating a profile on http://hubpages.com which is update weekly with new content using keywords for additional optimization
6. Creating profile on www.squidoo.com which is update regularly with new content using keywords, Links for additional optimization
7. Blogging – We advise you to install a Blog on your site (if not already present), which we will maintain. We will keep updating 2 posts per week in it. We then promote the same through blog communities, blog commenting, bookmarking and other allied techniques. We have a team of veteran copywriters who can research, create and develop blogs on any and every topic under the sun.
3. Blogging and Link Wheel
Blogging continues to be an effective tool for thought leadership, link bait, and a way to leverage social media to drive website traffic and leads. Guest blogging benefits both the guest and the host. The host will get fresh content on its site while the guest blogger will received a link from the host. Both sides will be able to use each other’s resources to help share the blog and spread it online. It’s a win-win for both involved.
Blog Commenting is also a great way to obtain quality links, and to extend your network. Link Wheels, set up with 2 or more Blog platforms will also help get you more priority links and more importance from search engines.
4. Content Marketing
Content marketing (e.g. infographics, blog posts, press releases, white papers and SEO articles) increases SEO through natural link building, establishes thought leadership, makes companies more interesting on social media, and drives traffic and leads.
It’s in producing unique and interesting content and stories that attracts visitors and builds your brand. Companies must become journalists and storytellers.
5. Local Search Marketing
With 90 percent of shoppers searching Google before they head out the door, local Internet marketing and Google Maps are a must for any business trying to get people into their doors.
Google has almost completely replaced the Yellow Pages as a place where people look for local businesses. If you’re not on Google maps, you may as well not exist.
6. Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
This older Internet marketing strategy is still a key element of search marketing. Pay per click management creates awareness and produces qualified traffic and leads. You can use PPC to help test what keywords deliver the highest quality of traffic to your site, while at the same time giving your business a boost in traffic.
7. Conversion Optimization
While this is not technically part of SEO, conversion optimization, the process of turning more visitors into paying customers, will determine the success of any SEO campaign. It will become even more valuable in the coming year as more become aware of the practice that tests different designs, call to actions and other details to find what converts the most website visitors into leads and sales.
Before, marketers were only concerned with driving more traffic and being content with their conversion rate, Now, some of those marketers are figuring out that it’s cheaper and more effective to tweak their website to get more revenue out of the same amount of traffic.
- Off-Page Recognition:-
The goal for either is to drive web traffic (visitors) to your website.
1. General and UK based directory submissions for permanent 1 way link.
2. Local Listing and optimize with lots of reviews
3. Needed local listing and search engine listings.
4. Image Optimize
5. Article submission is needed for permanent 1 way link
6. Press release submission for relevant traffic.
7. 1 way link building would benefit the site on a huge scale but for newer domain the results would be shown after 3-5 months of strategic link building.
8. Links from some authority sites or trusted domains, from .edu,.org and some quality .com sites can boost the SERP ranking for the longer run, but it’s a challenging task to incorporate.
9. Social bookmarking is very essential for traffic flow.